(some information is available also in my download area)
- Make a BOM list with all material and identifiy providers, if some parts are not available, time to time I have extra stock I can send for reduce cost.
- warning with 20x4 LCD on ebay, are really bad quality, try ti buy from a reputable source like Reichelt Germany, much more expensive but dont failed.
- Build PCB's: on Hannes page you will find the Gerber files (also in my download area), just use this files and send to a PCB manufacture or build "by your self" if you are able, if you dont have a manufacture I can recommend one in China with extraordinary quality/price, keep in mind a set of PCB will cost you easy 200.00 USD for the first units, then prices rise down.
- Assembling your controller is not dificult, no SMD parts just dicret pass trough parts.
- Upload firmware: I wrote a extensive Application Note how to do that, easy to follow by everybody. Have a look here!
DONT WORK :(
Write and email to HB9DRI and I will help you to debug your project. Or contact Hannes and he can help you also.
Becarefull with the xtal's you order, try to follow specifications, also abou the Microprocessor, a lot of crap re-writed processors are in ebay for less than 2.00 USD when normal price is 5.00 or 6.00 USD. Also with the display.